Friday, May 15, 2009

wwf.



like most kids in the 80s, i was obsessed with pro wrestling. my interest hit its zenith and abruptly stopped at possibly the peak age for being a wrestling fan, 8 or 9 years old. in my grammar school 'yearbook' though i did list pro wrestler as my future career. i wonder what my younger self would think of me now that i have the body of a pro wrestler, but just waste it by sitting on the computer all day.

(no joke: in my 3rd grade yearbook i list 'the fall guy' as what i want to be when i grow up. sadly this didn't pan out either.)

2 comments:

Stanley Lieber said...

i once got in a fight about who got to pretend to be jimmy superfly snooka

pete. said...

i'm actually surprised with our wrestling-influenced childhood that neither my brother or i ended up dead. when i was bout 7ish one of the characters i made up was 'mr. baseball' who would bring a baseball bat to the 'ring' (a mattress on the floor)and attempt to beat my brother to death with it.