Friday, October 2, 2009

Old News/Self Conscious Blogging.



I put the 16 page comic I made for Stanley Lieber's Fake anthology and have been posting pieces of for the past 2 months or so here if you'd like to read it.

Speaking of SL and comics; you can download, or buy his comic (on paper, or, I believe, laser disc) The Abandonment Of Cruelty here. My totally lazy review of it is: it's like Eddie Campbell drawing Valis, bro.

I originally wrote this post last week and saved it as a draft, as I am young, and busy, and run from hip social engagement to hip social engagement, hopped up on Red Bull and metatextual references. Or I had to go to my Grandmother's birthday party. For the past 7 days, I've been tweaking and slightly editing this while reminding myself that it's a blog and not something important like a thesis paper, or a groundbreaking scientific research article, or an internet video game review. This is why I normally just stop doing things at the first sign of being finished. I'd never actually consider comics or songs, or blog posts to be 'done' otherwise. I'd be the George Lucas of blogging.

I'm hoping that paragraph makes more sense, but remains equally as thrilling when I turn it into a 350 page mass market paperback called Save As Draft, Save As Death.

All that being said, I think the 12 paragraphs (no joke) I wrote about the Running Man script don't necessarily need to exist outside my head. Although making a blog post about the making of the same blog post probably doesn't either.



This is the cover to my next comic of which I've drawn one page so far. I keep going back and forth on whether to run the thing as a weekly-ish webcomic or just wait to put all of it up when it's done (I'm hoping between November/December and 2020).

1 comment:

Stanley Lieber said...

i think i just accidentally bought a copy of my own comic.

i can't wait to see this new thing you're working on. you have gotten a lot of comics done in a short period of time. i'm hoping to finish the eight page smurf comic by the time your first tankĊbon volume goes into its second printing.